Barkley is the PS Vita Motion Sensor. It is also referred as "Motion" in the System Software SDK. It is still unknown if Barkley is only the gyroscope or the full set of components related to motion sensing.
- Value line microcontroller: STMicroelectronics STM32F100.
STMicroelectronics’s STM32F100 Value line microcontrollers deliver high processing performance coupled with up to eleven 16‑bit timers, including a motor control timer and a fast 1.2 μs conversion time 12‑bit ADC for efficient appliance and industrial-control applications. Based on the Arm® Cortex®-M3 core running at up to 24 MHz, the STM32 Value line offers an excellent cost-performance-peripherals trade-off. It provides all the essential features to make it the perfect choice to develop cost-effective applications traditionally addressed by 16-bit microcontrollers.
- Accelerometer: Kionix KXTC9 (three-axis MEMS accelerometer IC). It is a chip connected to Kermit via SPI.
- Gyroscope: STMicroelectronics 3GA51H
- ?Magnetic compass?: STMicroelectronics ST32P10SoE / GK09093
- ?Magnetic compass?: STMicroelectronics ST32P10S0E (undocumented)